Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by 689854847 <68...@139.com> on 2014/12/19 14:05:25 UTC

A Patch to Control the Charset of the FTP Server

Generally there is a bug for Windows Explorer on Chinese Windows Platforms that when decoding UTF-8 lines the last byte will be cut out and will ususally cause an error like a wrong filename. A work-around for this bug is to make the server using GBK and tell Windows not to use UTF-8. Currently Apache Mina FtpServer supports UTF-8 only, so I made this patch to make it possible to control it.

Thank you for review the patch.

Re: A Patch to Control the Charset of the FTP Server

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 19/12/14 14:05, 689854847 a écrit :
> Generally there is a bug for Windows Explorer on Chinese Windows Platforms that when decoding UTF-8 lines the last byte will be cut out and will ususally cause an error like a wrong filename. A work-around for this bug is to make the server using GBK and tell Windows not to use UTF-8. Currently Apache Mina FtpServer supports UTF-8 only, so I made this patch to make it possible to control it.
>
> Thank you for review the patch.

Th epatch didn't make it through the mail server. Please create a JIRA
and attach the patch to it, this is the way to go...

And, of course, thanks !