Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Rainer Faller <ra...@innovations.de> on 2001/03/22 17:05:53 UTC

problems with large data

My SOAP Server works fine with small data. But as soon as I sent a large
amount of data, I get the following error message from Tomcat:

2001-03-22 04:36:09 - Ctx( /soap ): IOException in: R( /soap +
/servlet/rpcrouter + null) Connection reset by peer: socket write error

Can anybody explain that. Is there a timeout somewhere to set? What's
the problem?

(My SOAP Message is approx. larger than 10.000.000 characters, about
100.000 tags)

Thanks for any help or hints.

Rainer

Re: problems with large data

Posted by Wouter Cloetens <wo...@mind.be>.
Hmm, this is most likely a problem with the web server or servlet engine.
It's closing the connection on you. You'd best check the error logs on
the server side. Now, this will take a huge quantity of memory to handle,
so make sure your JVM heap size is set sufficiently large.

To check if it's SOAP-related, you could write a simple servlet that simply
reads data from the servlet InputStream and discards it. If the same
problem occurs, the problem probably lies with the webserver/servlet
engine...

bfn, Wouter

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 05:05:53PM +0100, Rainer Faller wrote:
> My SOAP Server works fine with small data. But as soon as I sent a large
> amount of data, I get the following error message from Tomcat:
>
> 2001-03-22 04:36:09 - Ctx( /soap ): IOException in: R( /soap +
> /servlet/rpcrouter + null) Connection reset by peer: socket write error
>
> Can anybody explain that. Is there a timeout somewhere to set? What's
> the problem?
>
> (My SOAP Message is approx. larger than 10.000.000 characters, about
> 100.000 tags)
>
> Thanks for any help or hints.
>
> Rainer
---end quoted text---

Re: problems with large data

Posted by Wouter Cloetens <wo...@mind.be>.
Hmm, this is most likely a problem with the web server or servlet engine.
It's closing the connection on you. You'd best check the error logs on
the server side. Now, this will take a huge quantity of memory to handle,
so make sure your JVM heap size is set sufficiently large.

To check if it's SOAP-related, you could write a simple servlet that simply
reads data from the servlet InputStream and discards it. If the same
problem occurs, the problem probably lies with the webserver/servlet
engine...

bfn, Wouter

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 05:05:53PM +0100, Rainer Faller wrote:
> My SOAP Server works fine with small data. But as soon as I sent a large
> amount of data, I get the following error message from Tomcat:
>
> 2001-03-22 04:36:09 - Ctx( /soap ): IOException in: R( /soap +
> /servlet/rpcrouter + null) Connection reset by peer: socket write error
>
> Can anybody explain that. Is there a timeout somewhere to set? What's
> the problem?
>
> (My SOAP Message is approx. larger than 10.000.000 characters, about
> 100.000 tags)
>
> Thanks for any help or hints.
>
> Rainer
---end quoted text---