Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Manjula G Kutty <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/25 00:08:28 UTC

Misleading/wrong Eror message

Hi,

while dropping a view which does not really exist on a database , the
error message thrown by ij says ERROR X0X05: Table 'VIEW222' does not
exist. It looks like we should make the error message to say that "view"
does not exist, instead of "table". Do you think I should log a jira
issue for this?

Thanks
Manjula

Re: Misleading/wrong Eror message

Posted by Satheesh Bandaram <sa...@Sourcery.Org>.

Manjula G Kutty wrote:

> Hi,
>
> while dropping a view which does not really exist on a database , the
> error message thrown by ij says ERROR X0X05: Table 'VIEW222' does not
> exist. It looks like we should make the error message to say that
> "view" does not exist, instead of "table". Do you think I should log a
> jira issue for this?

It seems the message error X0X05 could be changed to say "Table/View
...." like many of other messages that involve Table or View. May be a
minor improvement request?

Satheesh