Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Derek Smith <de...@motortrak.com> on 1999/05/10 14:22:29 UTC

mod_alias/4379: RedirectMatch cannot redirect to cgi script and pass parameters

>Number:         4379
>Category:       mod_alias
>Synopsis:       RedirectMatch cannot redirect to cgi script and pass parameters
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
We are upgrading from NCSA to Apache and used to use the Redirect directive in
.htaccess files to run cgi scripts and pass parameters to them on request of
certain documents.  We want to use the RedirectMatch directive as this is
exactly the functionslity that we want.  This solution doesn't seem to work
though.

If a RedirectMatch statement redirects URL that is the location of the cgi and
parameters then the script fails.  The exact same line works correctly if you
use Redirect instead, but we require an explicit match as if you use point you
browser at the redirected page but add a '/something' to the end, that gets
appended to the rewritten URL and therefore appended to the last variables
value.

#This Works
Redirect /some/place/to/redirect/from.html http://www.server.com/cgi-bin/script.cgi?var1=value
#This Doesn't
RedirectMatch ^/some/place/to/redirect/from.html$ http://www.server.com/cgi-bin/script.cgi?var1=value

What I get is the error 'The document contained no data.'
>How-To-Repeat:
If you create a Redirect statement to a cgi including parameters(i.e. URL will
include a '?') works fine, but if you use RedirectMatch it doesn't work.