Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Alex Bates <ab...@san.rr.com> on 2003/05/25 06:14:21 UTC

problem on JBoss 3.2 - NoClassDefFoundError w/ PB, but ODMG works fine!

I was wondering if anyone could share their directory structure for an
ojb.sar deployment on JBoss 3.2 (listing all jars).

JBoss is able to start up without exceptions, but when I got to the
jmx-console and view the MBean properties - ojb/PBAPI shows a
NoClassDefFoundError.  But ojb/defaultODMG shows that it has been
successfully initialized!

Get same error when try to get JNDI handle on PBAPI.  But, JBoss 3.2 doesn't
give any further diagnostic info (stack trace) and doesn't list the cause in
the server.log file.

I'm trying to figure out what I could be missing.  Here is my directory
structure for ojb.sar:

META-INF/jboss-service.xml
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
antlr.jar
antlr.debug.jar
antlr_compiletime.jar
commons-beanutils.jar
commons-collections-2.0.jar
commons-dbcp.jar
commons-lang-1.0-mod.jar
commons-logging.jar
commons-pool.jar
db-ojb-1.0.rc2.jar
db-ojb-1.0.rc2-beans.jar
db-ojb-1.0.rc2-junit.jar
jakarta-regexp-1.2.jar
jcs.jar
log4j-1.2.5.jar
optional.jar
p6spy.jar
torque-3.0.jar
velocity-1.3.jar
xalan.jar
xdoclet.jar
xercesImpl.jar
xml-apis.jar

plus it has all the standard properties and xml files for OJB.

Am I missing a JAR?  I've tried updating the Class-Path in the
db-ojb-1.0.rc2-beans.jar's manifest, but it didn't seem to have any effect.
I've also tried adding/removing the dependent jars from ojb.sar, that didn't
seem to have any effect either.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Re: problem on JBoss 3.2 - NoClassDefFoundError w/ PB, but ODMG works fine!

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Bates <ab...@san.rr.com>.
Okay, I found the source of the problem.  Maybe I'll set the record for
responding with a fix to one's own problem?

***   repository.dtd was missing.  ***

When you have time, could you update the documentation in the deployment
section to include repository.dtd in the list of configuration files to copy
into ojb.sar

<original>
5. Copy OJB configuration files into the ojb.sar directory
OJB.properties, repository.xml, repository_internal.xml,
repository_database.xml, repository_ejb.xml (if you want to run the ejb
examples). The repository.xml should rather look like:
</original>

Btw, a key driver of our company's adoption of OJB was the volume of
good work.

Thanks -

Alex