Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Maithily <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/28 07:49:55 UTC

Multiple Message Resources Files

Hi All,

I am facing the following problem with the struts message resources files -

- Our application has many functional modules and each module a struts
config file and message resources file.
- Common message resources are bundled in a single file - say
"Commonresources.properties"
- Mistakenly I configured the "message-resources" in more than one struts
config file with -
     <message-resources parameter="Commonresources"/>
  I found this out when debugging the display issue of some of the  error
messages were not displayed.
- When I removed the message-resources tag from these files, the messages
are displayed.

Has any one faced a similar issue before?

I want to understand what is caused if the same properties file is referred
to by 2 different struts config files for the messages to be found?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Maithily.

Re: Multiple Message Resources Files

Posted by Maithily <ma...@gmail.com>.
Here's a simpler explanation of the scenario -

I have the following properties files in classes folder :

- file_a.properties
- file_b.properties
- file_c.properties
- file_d.properties

and the following struts config files along with the message-resources tags
pointing to properties :

- a_config.xml   -->  file_a
- b_config.xml   -->  file_a
- c_config.xml   -->  none configured, but uses labels configured in *
file_d.properties*
- d_config.xml   -->  file_d

When I access a page that invokes the action servlet in the c_config.xml,
the labels do not appear on the page.

When I change the above configuration to the following, the labels appear
on the page -

- a_config.xml   -->  none
- b_config.xml   -->  none
- c_config.xml   -->  none configured, but uses labels configured in *
file_d.properties*
- d_config.xml   -->  file_d

Could anyone explain this.

Thanks and Regards,