Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Jonathan Pierce <Jo...@seagram.com> on 2001/10/18 01:56:40 UTC

Re[2]: ASPizer

>>Jon justifiably told Ranjit Mathew that Jakarta
>>was not a dumping ground. He also outlined that unlikely promises were >>not
good enough. While one may criticize his direct style, Jakarta is >>>>not a
popularity contest.

As an unbiased observer, I fully support Jon's behavior here and appreciate his
direct style in this discussion as well as past discussions on this list. His
direct style allows the discussion to remain focused on technical issues and
opinions.

I've had the same sort of communication conflicts with other developers who
might not agree with my views or attempt to use political levarage and
dishonesty to distort the discussion and manipulate less technical observers who
don't fully understand the technical issues involved.