Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Alok Kumbhare <ku...@usc.edu> on 2014/06/15 02:31:53 UTC

Development environment for Storm

Hi All,
This may be a stupid question but I was wondering if you have any
suggestions on a preferred development environment/IDE for modifying and
debugging Storm (clojure). I am well experienced with Java but relatively
new to clojure. I have looked into Eclipse + CCW. While this works well
(e.g. find references/goto definition/debugging) with native eclipse
projects/Leiningen projects. I am having trouble with the Storm maven
project. I was wondering if there is a quick start document for Storm
developers.

I am working on some scheduling and resource mapping techniques for
streaming applications and would like to use Storm for proof of concept.
This is mainly for seamless auto scaling (change parallelism for individual
bolts) in response to changing data rates and resource behavior, going
beyond the rebalance command. Any pointers on where I should start with
this will also be very helpful.

Thanks,
Alok Kumbhare

Re: Development environment for Storm

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
I know some people have had success with netbeans. (and +1 for seamless
autoscaling if you can make it work)

- Bobby

Posted by Jason Jackson <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alok,