Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Stephen Davidson <st...@j2eeguys.com> on 2022/08/20 22:10:37 UTC

Lots of errors in Eclipse - cleanup?

Greetings.

I'm new to OFBiz, so if I am missing something or making a newbie
mistake, please let me know.

I downloaded the source from git@github.com:apache/ofbiz-framework.git
and loaded the trunk branch into Eclipse (initially trying with a Gradle
plugin, but then used ./gradlew eclipse).  Eclipse immediately flagged
580 issues, that I was able to group into 4 categories:

  * XML issues - Examples:
      o 'cvc-attribute.3: The value '${activeOnly}' of attribute
        'filter-by-date' on element 'entity-condition' is not valid with
        respect to its type, '#AnonType_filter-by-dateentity-condition'.'
      o 'cvc-complex-type.2.2: Element 'value' must have no element
        [children], and the value must be valid.'
  * JSP - Page Import issues
  * Groovy Incorrect Package - Example: 'The declared package "" does
    not match the expected package "artifactinfo"'
  * Groovy Duplicate Class - Example: 'Groovy:Invalid duplicate class
    definition of class EditContactMech : The sources
    ~/workspaces/OFBiz/ofbiz-framework/applications/product/groovyScripts/facility/facility/EditContactMech.groovy
    and
    ~/workspaces/OFBiz/ofbiz-framework/applications/party/groovyScripts/party/EditContactMech.groovy
    each contain a class with the name EditContactMech.

And an additional issue with
gradle/wrapper/no-verification-metadata.xml, line 28.  Two errors, one
of which is "scs-resolve: Cannot resolve the name 'coordinatesType' to
a(n) 'type definition component".

If desired, I can start setting the package names in the .groovy files
to match their locations.  That would probably get rid of many if not
all of the Groovy Duplicate Class Issues.  If there is anything else I
can do to help (or if there are more appropriate changes to be making),
please let me know, and let me know where to look.

Regards,
Steve

Re: Lots of errors in Eclipse - cleanup?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Steve,

Of course, you are welcome to change the package names of the .groovy files. Actually you may fix all issues Eclipse reports.

TIA

Jacques