Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Riaan Oberholzer <ri...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/07 09:23:38 UTC

ant war task bug?

I have a really strange problem with ant 1.6.1, using
it with WebLogic 6.1 sp2. Problem occurs on both linux
and Windows 2000.

I build a ear with in it a war. In the war is a
/WEB-INF/conf/log4j.properties.

When my application starts, I want to read the
configuration file mentioned above to setup my log4j
loggers. However, I get a nullpointer exception which
traced back to the file not being found.

Now the weird thing: if I unpack the ear & war with
pkunzip and zip it up together again (without changing
anything), then deploy the app, it works! It seems as
though the ant war task somehow makes the file
unreadable to the application.

Has anyone seen this before? Is it a known issue? Is
there a workaround?

Also, I was under the impression that the standard
WEB-INF directory must be in upper case, but the ant
war task changes it to lower case. Is this related to
my problem? Does it matter?

is /web-inf  and  /WEB-INF treated as the same by the
application servers? Tomcat seems to be less fussy
about it than WebLogic.

Thanks

Riaan