Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Kelly Oglesbee <ke...@outlook.com> on 2023/10/25 20:23:57 UTC

License

I have a lot of apache licenses on my mobile device, but they have no copyright name copyright year, how do I utilize it these licenses and make them my own work? I'm new and thinking of becoming a contributor, but I need to understand what all these licenses are for before I continue to proceed.

Re: License

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 9:07 AM Kelly Oglesbee
<ke...@outlook.com> wrote:

> I have a lot of apache licenses on my mobile device, but they have no copyright name copyright year...

Note that an Apache License does not necessarily mean the
corresponding project is an ASF project. Many other open source
projects also use that license.

> I'm new and thinking of becoming a contributor, but I need to understand what all these licenses are
> for before I continue to proceed...

Your phone should indicate which projects are behind those licenses.

As for the ASF, https://projects.apache.org/ has a list of our
projects. If you find one that interests you, best is to get in touch
using their dev@<project name>.apache.org mailing list.

Hope this helps,
-Bertrand