Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jerry Chen <je...@apache.org> on 2011/01/11 15:25:39 UTC

Re: [libcloud] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 0.4.2

On Jan 9, 2011, at 5:54 AM, ant elder wrote:

> There's another poddling doing an Incubator release at the moment and
> several reviewers pointed out the requirements on naming and the
> incubation disclaimer text which reminded me to check this. The
> libcloud release needs to include "incubating" in the name and the
> distributions need to include a DISCLAIMER file explaining the its not
> an official Apache project yet, see:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#naming
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html#disclaimers
>
> Other than that this release looks good to me.
>
>   ...ant

Thanks for the feedback, and the changes have been made retroactively for 0.4.2, including both "incubating" in the filenames and a DISCLAIMER:

http://people.apache.org/~jerry/libcloud-0.4.2/

I trust this will be the last time I edit tags...

Cheers,
Jerry

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Jerry Chen <je...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2011, at 5:54 AM, ant elder wrote:
>
>> There's another poddling doing an Incubator release at the moment and
>> several reviewers pointed out the requirements on naming and the
>> incubation disclaimer text which reminded me to check this. The
>> libcloud release needs to include "incubating" in the name and the
>> distributions need to include a DISCLAIMER file explaining the its not
>> an official Apache project yet, see:
>>
>> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#naming
>> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html#disclaimers
>>
>> Other than that this release looks good to me.
>>
>>   ...ant
>
> Thanks for the feedback, and the changes have been made retroactively for 0.4.2, including both "incubating" in the filenames and a DISCLAIMER:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jerry/libcloud-0.4.2/
>
> I trust this will be the last time I edit tags...
>
> Cheers,
> Jerry

You shouldn't really change the artifacts after a vote has started. I
guess as no one had voted on the general@ thread before they were
updated you can get away with it but usually the vote should be
restarted.

   ...ant