Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Mauricio Garavaglia <ma...@medallia.com> on 2015/10/02 15:27:39 UTC

Tasks not shown in "Completed Tasks" after agent reinstall.

Hi guys,

If I remove the workdir (/var/lib/mesos) entries in the agents, does it
mean I lost the "Completed Tasks" view in the masters dashboard?

I'm debugging a case in which some agent nodes got recreated from scratch
and the tasks that they ran disappeared from the dashboard.

Thanks,
Mauricio

Re: Tasks not shown in "Completed Tasks" after agent reinstall.

Posted by Joris Van Remoortere <jo...@mesosphere.io>.
Hi Mauricio,
When you remove the workdir, that means the next agent launched on that
machine will have a different agent-id.
When this new agent registers with the master, it will be a totally new
agent.
Since most of the data on the master is re-constructed from agent
re-connections, this means you will not see the completed tasks of an agent
that has been removed due to the issue above.
You can likely still see some of the completed tasks at the framework
level, as those are kept around until a master fail-over, or the buffer
that keeps the history gets truncated.

Joris