Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Fariborz Navidan <md...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/28 20:23:03 UTC

Apply modified service offering

Hello,

I have custom service offering with custom cpu and  memory. I have modified
the offering's network rate to be set to 0 for unlimited bandwidth.
CloudStack's native UI does not allow to change service offering of a VM
due to a bug. How can I re-apply the service offering to VMs deployed with
it via cloudmonkey?

Thanks

Re: Apply modified service offering

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
While on custom offering with 1 cpu, 1000 MHz/core, 512MB RAM:

http://10.2.x.y:8080/client/api?command=scaleVirtualMachine&response=json&id=19a67e20-c747-43bb-b149-c2b2294002f9&serviceofferingid=1b86713b-0131-4b25-8392-46518104bb90&details%5B0%5D.cpuSpeed=1300&details%5B0%5D.cpuNumber=2&details%5B0%5D.memory=768

You can craft a CloudMonkey command from above API (what I did here ^^^, I
used developer tools in Chrome, to catch the API call that changed offering
(from static) to custom one, and then I repeated the same with just
different cpu number, MHz, RAM...

It's always good to "learn" API syntax by catching GUI calls via Developer
tools or such.

Andrija

--

Andrija Panić