Posted to solr-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/07/30 04:04:55 UTC

[Solr Wiki] Update of "FilterQueryGuidance" by HossMan

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.

The "FilterQueryGuidance" page has been changed by HossMan.
The comment on this change is: cleaning up DisMaxRequestHandler refs.
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FilterQueryGuidance?action=diff&rev1=9&rev2=10

  Well, we know the application we're writing,
  so we either know the frequency of a given query part
  based on the usage our application makes of Solr
- and on the restrictions it imposes on the user by, say, using DisMaxRequestHandler;
+ and on the restrictions it imposes on the user by, say, using [[DisMaxQParserPlugin]];
  or - if we give the user fine-grained control over the query language -
  we may somehow collect and analyze the actual queries
  in order to empirically determine