Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Dara Gallagher <Da...@internet-ireland.ie> on 1997/02/13 23:10:01 UTC

mod_proxy/173: ProxyRemote doesn't seem to work for https

>Number:         173
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       ProxyRemote doesn't seem to work for https
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
using
 ProxyRemote https http://ios.internet-ireland.ie:8080
in http.conf doesn't seem to have any effect; the proxy
seems to try to tunnel directly to the server requested.

This probably isn't really a bug; it's just that we have
a few subnets with firewalls and it would make things
easier to administer if this would work. We have quite
restrictive routing for security purposes.
>How-To-Repeat:
set up two proxies and see whether one will tunnel https
through to the other.
>Fix:
I'm not very knowledgable about the code; I'll get back
to you once I've developed some understanding of it