Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by trivedi_ravi13 <tr...@yahoo.co.in> on 2015/10/09 15:27:05 UTC

Bind control in Python messaging APIs

Is there a control in qpid python messaging APIs if we don't want to create
or bind the queue ( already done by some one else ) but just want to send or
receive the message ? I am using ACL and some of the applications are not
allowed to perform any action except send or receive. Like in old client
APIs we had different APIs for create and bind.

Re: Bind control in Python messaging APIs

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
Yes, this should work also in the C++ version of the Qpid Messaging API as
well as in the Java JMS client (the one for AMQP 0-10).

Jakub

Posted by trivedi_ravi13 <tr...@yahoo.co.in>.

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
For receiving messages, you can try to use address like this when creating
the receiver:
<queueName>; { node: { type: queue } , create: never , mode: consume ,
assert: never }

For sending you can either use the same to publish messages directly to the
queue or if you need to send the message to some specific exchange with
some routing key, you can use this:
<exchange>/<routingKey>; { node: { type: topic }, create: never }

These addresses should not create anything. The only ACL rights they need
are the "access" right to verify that the queue / exchange exist and the
consume/publish right.

Jakub