Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jason Ling <ja...@idealdeal.com> on 2006/08/10 13:50:58 UTC

How to create seperate webapp for ecommerce application?

Hi,

Was hoping to get some guidance with this.

I added to \applications\ecommerce\ofbiz-component.xml another webapp like so:

    <webapp name="ecommerce"
        title="ECommerce"
        server="default-server"
        location="webapp/ecommerce"
        mount-point="/ecommerce"
        app-bar-display="false"/>
    <webapp name="idealdeal.com"
        title="ECommerce"
        server="default-server"
        location="webapp/idealdeal.com"
        mount-point="/idealdeal"
        app-bar-display="false"/>

My intention being to create another webapp directory where I can modify all the templates. However, I realised that the screens.xml in the ecommerce app itself is referencing the ecommerce webapp directly. For example:

<script location="component://ecommerce/webapp/ecommerce/WEB-INF/actions/shoppinglist/editShoppingList.bsh"/>

Is there anyway to make these references dynamic? (i.e. doing somethnig like:

<script location="component://ecommerce/${webappLocation}/WEB-INF/actions/shoppinglist/editShoppingList.bsh"/>

Is this the right way to go about doing something like this? Or am I following a path of self destruction?

Thanks!

Jason

Re: How to create seperate webapp for ecommerce application?

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
  you could create a new webapp folder
<script
location="component://ecommerce/webapp/idealdeal_com/WEB-INF/actions/shoppinglist/editShoppingList.bsh"/>

location="webapp/idealdeal_com"

Jason Ling sent the following on 8/10/2006 4:50 AM:

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Jason, what we've done is to create a new application in
hot-deploy/idealdeal/ and started to put our definitions under there.
For example, we have a CommonScreens.xml under there (initially that was
it) and started pointing the stuff we wanted to change to our screens
file in the WEB-INF/controller.xml

It has worked great and made upgrading a very easy thing to do.
Truthfully, though, you could also just create applications/idealdeal
and set things up that way as well.

Cheers,
Tim

--