Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by georg <ge...@telia.com> on 2013/04/30 18:06:10 UTC

[users@httpd] PHP dynamic library install in apache on Linux ?

Hi,

Im switching base from XP to feodora Linux, have installed the Apache packaage that goes with it
however, I havent found out how to install PHP through (dynamic linked) library, as I did with XP.
I dont want to have it as CGI since Ive understood that that is considerably weaker system.

(then I would need a clue of how to setup ODBC on linux as well, but thats another cake)

BR georg

Re: [users@httpd] PHP dynamic library install in apache on Linux ?

Posted by georg <ge...@telia.com>.
Tnx !

will do, there is a  lot of glue magic out there :)

br Georg

Posted by Ben Johnson <be...@indietorrent.org>.

On 4/30/2013 12:06 PM, georg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Im switching base from XP to feodora Linux, have installed the Apache
> packaage that goes with it
> however, I havent found out how to install PHP through (dynamic linked)
> library, as I did with XP.
> I dont want to have it as CGI since Ive understood that that is
> considerably weaker system.

That might be an overstatement. There's nothing "wrong" with CGI, but to
your point, running Apache as a module or CLI environment may be
better-suited to your particular needs.

Once you have a tool like "yum" installed, it should be pretty
straightforward.

Here's one tutorial worth following (I've used some of howtoforge's
other tutorials and found them to be top-notch):

http://www.howtoforge.com/installing-apache2-with-php5-and-mysql-support-on-fedora-11-lamp

> (then I would need a clue of how to setup ODBC on linux as well, but
> thats another cake)

It is indeed. But the process should be pretty similar, again, using the
"yum" package manager to install and configure. Search engines will tell
you plenty in that regard.

> BR georg

Good luck!

-Ben