Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Bigard Olivier <ob...@axway.com> on 2011/02/14 11:45:51 UTC

NoSuchElementException when uinstalling Bundle

Hi all,

We are using Felix 3.0.2 with iPojo 1.6.4 and here is the exception we have sometimes when trying to uninstall a Bundle ("bundle.uninstall();"):

java.util.NoSuchElementException
                at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(HashMap.java:796)
                at java.util.HashMap$ValueIterator.next(HashMap.java:822)
                at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.getCurrentLocalizedHeader(BundleImpl.java:335)
                at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.uninstall(BundleImpl.java:961)

What is the common cause of this error?
Do I need to change the version(s) we are using?

Thanks in advance
Olivier

RE: NoSuchElementException when uinstalling Bundle

Posted by Bigard Olivier <ob...@axway.com>.
Hi Richard,

First thank you for your quick answer.
I'll try the 2 things: a newer version of Felix + isolate the problem in a small use-case.

Olivier

> We are using Felix 3.0.2 with iPojo 1.6.4 and here is the exception we have sometimes when trying to uninstall a Bundle ("bundle.uninstall();"):
>
> java.util.NoSuchElementException
>                  at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(HashMap.java:796)
>                  at java.util.HashMap$ValueIterator.next(HashMap.java:822)
>                  at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.getCurrentLocalizedHeader(BundleImpl.java:335)
>                  at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.uninstall(BundleImpl.java:961)
>
> What is the common cause of this error?
> Do I need to change the version(s) we are using?

I don't necessarily recall fixing a bug here, but you could try a newer
version. If this is something that you can reasonably reproduce, you
could tell me how and/or let me download your bundle cache so I could
look into it.

-> richard

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 2/15/11 10:00, Richard S. Hall wrote:
> On 2/15/11 7:43, Bigard Olivier wrote:
>> I finally found what is happening: we are uninstalling the same
>> Bundle 2 times...
>> So I modified the way we are managing the Bundles we want to uninstall.
>
> Still, I wouldn't expect this error if you uninstall twice, maybe a
> different error, but not this one. Is that all I need to do to
> reproduce it (i.e., uninstall a bundle twice)?

To answer my own question, yes, that's all I need to do.

I will open a bug to fix this so you get a better error in the future.

-> richard

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

Posted by Bigard Olivier <ob...@axway.com>.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.