Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert - eLists <li...@abbacomm.net> on 2007/07/03 04:08:11 UTC

SA on iPhone yet?

Anyone get Spamassassin installed on their iPhone yet?

:-)

 - rh

Re: SA on iPhone yet?

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> Anyone get Spamassassin installed on their iPhone yet?

And does it filter junk phone calls too, or just spam email?  :-)

        Loren

Re: SA on iPhone yet?

Posted by Bob Proulx <bo...@proulx.com>.
MIKE YRABEDRA wrote:
> Robert - eLists wrote:
> > Anyone get Spamassassin installed on their iPhone yet?
>
> What are you talking about? SA is a server level tool.

What are *you* talking about?  As far as I can tell (I don't have one)
the iphone is perfectly capable enough to be considered a server.
Anything that *I* would be using to read mail would be a server by
your definition.

> Why, if it was even possible, would you install it on a phone?

In this case I am sure it was simply to illustrate the capabilities of
the device.  Personally I think it would have a negative effect on
battery life and would filter upstream of it.  But it would be a fun
demo just the same!

Bob

RE: SA on iPhone yet?

Posted by Jean-Paul Natola <jn...@familycareintl.org>.

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.

Re: SA on iPhone yet?

Posted by MIKE YRABEDRA <li...@323inc.com>.
on 7/3/07 2:01 PM, John Rudd at jrudd@ucsc.edu wrote:

> MIKE YRABEDRA wrote:
>> on 7/2/07 10:08 PM, Robert - eLists at lists06@abbacomm.net wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone get Spamassassin installed on their iPhone yet?
>>>
>>> :-)
>>>
>>>  - rh
>>>

>> What are you talking about? SA is a server level tool. Why, if it was even
>> possible, would you install it on a phone?
>>

> SA is not necessarily a server level tool.  You can run it client side,
> as well.

Yes, I stand corrected. Thanks John :-)

Still, it is not possible to install any third party software on the
iPhone....yet. Apple will eventually allow this, I am sure.

--
Mike Yrabedra B^)>

Re: SA on iPhone yet?

Posted by John Rudd <jr...@ucsc.edu>.