Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@devsys.jaguNET.com> on 1999/12/12 02:50:35 UTC

1.3.10

I think that we should consider some things we've resisted in the
past if, as so many think, that the US crypto law will "change"
this week. 1.3.10 should definately include whatever "improvements"
might now make sense as well as are feasible :)
                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"

Re: 1.3.10

Posted by Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com>.
On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 08:03:59AM -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I don't think 1.3.10 will be out "soon." Some of the proposed patches
> will definately warrant a beta period.

My understanding is that Apache on Win32 is pretty hosed right now. If
so, I don't think outstanding patches should delay a release of
1.3.10.

Re: 1.3.10

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Sat, 11 Dec 1999, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> I think that we should consider some things we've resisted in the
> past if, as so many think, that the US crypto law will "change"
> this week. 1.3.10 should definately include whatever "improvements"
> might now make sense as well as are feasible :)

The laws did not change this week. news.com says it'll be January.

I think we ought to start adding stuff in this direction, but we should
definitely wait until *after* the laws have changed and are quite clear.

There are definitely some things we can incorporate today, but I still
think they ought to go into 2.0. If a person wants a new feature, then
they can upgrade (as Manoj points out, they'd be upgrading anyhow).

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/