Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Janardhan Reddy <ja...@olacabs.com> on 2016/09/19 17:45:13 UTC

Job Stuck in cancel state

HI,

I cancelled a restarting job from flink UI and the job is stuck in
cancelling state. (Fixed delay restart strategy was configured for the
job). The following error message is present in taskmanager logs.

akka.remote.OversizedPayloadException: Discarding oversized payload sent to
Actor[akka.tcp://flink@10.200.7.245:42589/user/jobmanager#-146176374]: max
allowed size 10485760 bytes, actual size of encoded class
org.apache.flink.runtime.messages.JobManagerMessages$LeaderSessionMessage
was 20670224 bytes.

Does the leader session message here denote the job cancel message which is
sent to the job manager decorated with leader session id ?

Thread dump of taskmanager:

Attaching to process ID 28948, please wait...

Debugger attached successfully.

Server compiler detected.

JVM version is 25.101-b13

Deadlock Detection:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to deduce type of thread from address
0x00007f96e56c9800 (expected type JavaThread, CompilerThread,
ServiceThread, JvmtiAgentThread, or SurrogateLockerThread)

at sun.jvm.hotspot.runtime.Threads.createJavaThreadWrapper(Threads.java:169)

at sun.jvm.hotspot.runtime.Threads.first(Threads.java:153)

at
sun.jvm.hotspot.runtime.DeadlockDetector.createThreadTable(DeadlockDetector.java:149)

at sun.jvm.hotspot.runtime.DeadlockDetector.print(DeadlockDetector.java:56)

at sun.jvm.hotspot.runtime.DeadlockDetector.print(DeadlockDetector.java:39)

at sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.StackTrace.run(StackTrace.java:62)

at sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.StackTrace.run(StackTrace.java:45)

at sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.JStack.run(JStack.java:66)

at sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.Tool.startInternal(Tool.java:260)

at sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.Tool.start(Tool.java:223)

at sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.Tool.execute(Tool.java:118)

at sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.JStack.main(JStack.java:92)

at

at

at sun.tools.jstack.JStack.runJStackTool(JStack.java:140)

at sun.tools.jstack.JStack.main(JStack.java:106)

Caused by: sun.jvm.hotspot.types.WrongTypeException: No suitable match for
type of address 0x00007f96e56c9800

at
sun.jvm.hotspot.runtime.InstanceConstructor.newWrongTypeException(InstanceConstructor.java:62)

at
sun.jvm.hotspot.runtime.VirtualConstructor.instantiateWrapperFor(VirtualConstructor.java:80)

at sun.jvm.hotspot.runtime.Threads.createJavaThreadWrapper(Threads.java:165)

... 17 more

Can't print deadlocks:Unable to deduce type of thread from address
0x00007f96e56c9800 (expected type JavaThread, CompilerThread,
ServiceThread, JvmtiAgentThread, or SurrogateLockerThread)

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at

at

at sun.tools.jstack.JStack.runJStackTool(JStack.java:140)

at sun.tools.jstack.JStack.main(JStack.java:106)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to deduce type of thread from
address 0x00007f96e56c9800 (expected type JavaThread, CompilerThread,
ServiceThread, JvmtiAgentThread, or SurrogateLockerThread)

at sun.jvm.hotspot.runtime.Threads.createJavaThreadWrapper(Threads.java:169)

at sun.jvm.hotspot.runtime.Threads.first(Threads.java:153)

at sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.StackTrace.run(StackTrace.java:75)

at sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.StackTrace.run(StackTrace.java:45)

at sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.JStack.run(JStack.java:66)

at sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.Tool.startInternal(Tool.java:260)

at sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.Tool.start(Tool.java:223)

at sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.Tool.execute(Tool.java:118)

at sun.jvm.hotspot.tools.JStack.main(JStack.java:92)

... 6 more

Caused by: sun.jvm.hotspot.types.WrongTypeException: No suitable match for
type of address 0x00007f96e56c9800

at
sun.jvm.hotspot.runtime.InstanceConstructor.newWrongTypeException(InstanceConstructor.java:62)

at
sun.jvm.hotspot.runtime.VirtualConstructor.instantiateWrapperFor(VirtualConstructor.java:80)

at sun.jvm.hotspot.runtime.Threads.createJavaThreadWrapper(Threads.java:165)

... 14 more

Re: Job Stuck in cancel state

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Hi Janardhan!

I think you gave us the stack trace of the JPS process, not the Flink
process. Can you post the stack trace of the TaskManager?

Thanks,
Stephan

Re: Job Stuck in cancel state

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.