Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by blueshed <pe...@blueshed.co.uk> on 2006/06/24 15:37:02 UTC

STOMP durable topic subscription

I am trying to use stomp in python to create a durable topic subscription.
This works in java, but stomp seems to create it's own clientId. Has anyone
succeeded in making such a subscription - and if so could you share the
headers you used.

Thanks

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 6/25/06, blueshed <pe...@blueshed.co.uk> wrote:

> I mistakenly took the login as the clientId. Having read the java code I
> found that Stomp takes a client-id header on the connection frame ( not
> documentented ) which is then linked to the activemq.subcriptionName header
> of the subscribe frame ( confusingly documented ). Perhaps an extension of
> the excellent Stomp tests would clear this up better than documentation.

Great catch ;)

Have updated the documentation...

http://activemq.org/site/stomp.html

> Now I have a durable subscription using stomp and can move on. JConsole is
> great! Saved the day.

Great! I love JConsole too ;)

--

James