Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joseph Wong <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2000/11/21 07:09:38 UTC

Requirement of Apache to integrate with Tomcat

Hi all,

I want to ask what is the version of Apache to which Tomcat 3.1 can be
integrated?

thanks.

http://profiles.msn.com.

Problems installing APACHE Tomcat Cocoon and PHP

Posted by Stamaths Karvounarakhs <ka...@ics.forth.gr>.
I have tried to install apache1.3.12, tomcat3.1, cocoon1.7 and php4.0.1pl2
in a Solaris2.8. Those who have tried to install cocoon in Solaris must
know that it's not easy at all, but at last guided by the
install.case.solaris in the docs/ directory of cocoon1.8 I made it.What I
can't make work is php with apache and cocoon.(When I do not include the
tomcat-apache-cocoon.conf in the httpd.conf, php works fine but when I
include it apache doesn't seem to understand what to do with the .php
file).PLEASE HELP ME!!

Stamaths

Re: Opinions on Websphere?

Posted by Matt Jackson <mj...@frogdream.com>.
"Daniel A. Theobald" <th...@vecnatech.com> writes:

> Questions:
>
> 1. How does websphere compare to other portal creation tools?  Are there
> others you would recommend looking at?

I wouldn't have said it was a portal tool.

> 2. Many of our components currently are written using java 1.3.   I have
> installed the trial version of websphere for linux and it seems to need
> java 1.8.8.  Anyone know if/when it will support the java 2 platform?

Version 3.5 (out now) supports JDK 1.2.2 - however v3.5 is not available on
every platform.

I believe www.olympics.com was :-)

> 4. How does it maintain state? (Can it work with cookies disabled?)

Both cookies and URL rewriting are available

> 5. Is it dependent on using Frames in any way?

Nope.

--
Matt Jackson                    | "The world is a book, and those who
mjj@frogdream.com               |  don't travel read only one page."

Opinions on Websphere?

Posted by "Daniel A. Theobald" <th...@vecnatech.com>.
I posted this on the webspheres newsgroup, but only got one opinion..
wondering if there are more opinions out there....

I have some general questions I am hoping I can get some opinions
on...see the bottom of my message for info on making an easy $4000...

Background:
Vecna Technologies was chosen by DOD to help define the World-wide
E-Health strategy and prototype the first phase of the project.  We are
well underway and have already completed several components such as
online appointments, online enrollment, desktop customization, web
wizards for content creation and management (there will be well over 1
million distinct content pages generated by providers, clinics,
hospitals, regions, etc.)

The site will also incorporate health content from a big vendor such as
Healtheon...

Questions:

1. How does websphere compare to other portal creation tools?  Are there
others you would recommend looking at?

2. Many of our components currently are written using java 1.3.   I have
installed the trial version of websphere for linux and it seems to need
java 1.8.8.  Anyone know if/when it will support the java 2 platform?

3. Anyone know of sites that have been built using websphere that I
might refer to?

4. How does it maintain state? (Can it work with cookies disabled?)

5. Is it dependent on using Frames in any way?

This will be one of the largest healthcare portals in the world, so it
is crucial that we choose the right application server platform....

thanks,
daniel

PS. Vecna is looking for top notch java programmers and high level
architects. Vecna has the best salaries and benefits to be found, huge
profit sharing AND equity, and a unique company culture emphasizing
community service (such as open-source).  Vecna is located in the DC
area (No VA, DC, Baltimore) and in Boston, but many of our team members
work remotely, so location is not an issue....  see http://www.vecna.com

$4000.00 referral fee!

Anyone that refers someone to us that we hire will be paid a $4000
referral fee, so let us know if you know someone that may be a good fit.

We also use consultants regularly, so send your resume even if you are
just looking for short-term or part-time