Posted to user@struts.apache.org by El Toro <to...@yahoo.com> on 2004/09/10 22:58:13 UTC

ActionForward to a different Web App

Hi,

I have a struts web application running within Tomcat
5.x that is responsible for authentication.
Authentication in this case just checks a username and
password against a database and then creates a 'User'
object and dumps it in the session.

After a successful authentication I would like to
forward the request to another web application running
within the same instance of tomcat.  This web
application will know that the user is authenticated
if the 'User' object is present in the session.

The problem I am having is that a new session is
created when I redirect/forward the request to the
other web application from the authentication
application, therefore my 'User' object is not present
and everyone is unhappy.

Does anyone know how to accomplish such a thing with
struts/tomcat 5.x.  Here is what I am doing within my
Authentication app upon successful authentication:

nextPage = new
ActionForward("http://THEHOST:8080/THEWEBAPP/welcome.do",
true);

Thanks in advance,