Posted to user@lucy.apache.org by Nick Wellnhofer <we...@aevum.de> on 2017/02/04 18:36:10 UTC

[lucy-user] Cross-compiling

On 02/02/2017 23:26, Nick Wellnhofer wrote:
> Cross compiling Lucy isn't supported yet.

Here's a quick status update. I made some changes to Charmonizer to support
cross-compiling. Clownfish can now be cross-compiled out of the box. Just set
TARGET_CC when executing ./configure. For example:

     TARGET_CC=arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc ./configure

We even have a Travis job that tests cross compilation. Note that the library
is only compiled without running tests. There are ways to run ARM binaries on
Travis with QEMU, but it's slow to set up.

     https://travis-ci.org/nwellnhof/lucy-clownfish/jobs/198365821

There are a few things to do before we can easily cross-compile Lucy. It works
if you know what to change in the Makefile but a couple of things need to be
fixed:

     https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOWNFISH-115

Nick

Re: [lucy-user] Cross-compiling

Posted by Kasi Lakshman Karthi Anbumony <ka...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Nick.

I was able to compile and test in my AARCH64 board I have. This simplifies
the building process.

Thanks