Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/10/23 14:04:56 UTC

WWW Form Bug Report: ""Client denied by server configuration" errors when server is saturated on BSDI and FreeBSD pentium platfo (fwd)

Anyone ?

----- Forwarded message from jstanek@netcount.com -----

From: jstanek@netcount.com
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Date: Tue Oct 22 16:41:44 1996
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: ""Client denied by server configuration" errors when server is saturated on BSDI and FreeBSD pentium platforms." on BSDI

Submitter: jstanek@netcount.com
Operating system: BSDI, version: 2.1
Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
Extra Modules used: none
URL exhibiting problem: This is a content-insentive problem.  Can fail with any URL.

Symptoms:
--
We are hitting the server with 42-57 hits/sec and seeing logged error msgs of the form:
"[Tue Oct  1 17:08:06 1996] access to <URL> failed for <IP>, reason: Client denied by server configuration"

This is an error which causes spurious loss of individual Requests which are normally
satisfied by the server configuration;  we see one error msg per lost request.
The requested URLs are chosen randomly and repeatedly from a test set so we know that
they are normally handled correctly by the server during the test.

We have seen this problem both on BSDI 2.1 and FreeBSI 2.1.5 pentium-based systems from 42
to 57 hits/sec, but not on a sparc Solaris 2.5 platform at up to 66 hits/sec.
At rates lower than about 42 hits/sec, the problem goes away.

--

Backtrace:

----- End of forwarded message from jstanek@netcount.com -----

--