Posted to jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org by "Baum, Karl" <Ka...@Tallan.com> on 2003/06/03 22:23:02 UTC

Confusion on Lateral Caching and PutOnlyMode

I am confused over PutOnlyMode and lateral caching.  The documentation
states:

"Setting PutOnlyMode equal to true would cause the auxiliary cache to return
null from any get request. In most cases this attribute should be set to
true , since if the lateral caches were properly configured, the elements in
one would be present in all."

When I set the PutOnlyMode to true, the elements in the cache do not seem to
replicate to the other JVM instances.  Is this the correct behavior?  If it
is the correct behavior, why would we want PutOnlyMode to be true for most
cases?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Karl