Posted to user@whirr.apache.org by Doug Daniels <dd...@mortardata.com> on 2011/06/02 07:02:09 UTC

trouble reaching whirr hadoop cluster from ec2 instance

Hi,

Using whirr 0.4.0 I'm able to start up and communicate with a hadoop cluster from my local machine, but I'm having trouble doing so from an ec2 instance.

Everything seems to start fine, but after I start the hadoop-proxy.sh I get this error message when I try to do 'hadoop fs -ls /':

ubuntu@domU-12-31-39-04-1E-48:~$ hadoop fs -ls /
11/06/02 04:57:16 WARN conf.Configuration: DEPRECATED: hadoop-site.xml found in the classpath. Usage of hadoop-site.xml is deprecated. Instead use core-site.xml, mapred-site.xml and hdfs-site.xml to override properties of core-default.xml, mapred-default.xml and hdfs-default.xml respectively
Bad connection to FS. command aborted. exception: Call to ec2-174-129-68-49.compute-1.amazonaws.com/10.192.214.192:8020 failed on local exception: java.io.EOFException
ubuntu@domU-12-31-39-04-1E-48:~$

I can ssh directly to the machines, but can't seem to communicate using hadoop.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be happening there?

Thanks,
Doug

Re: trouble reaching whirr hadoop cluster from ec2 instance

Posted by Doug Daniels <dd...@mortardata.com>.
Figured it out — this turned out to be because I had a different version of hadoop on the instance where I was running whirr than on the machines booted up in the cluster.

Posted by Doug Daniels <dd...@mortardata.com>.

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daniels,