Posted to dev@pinot.apache.org by Pinot Slack Email Digest <sn...@apache.org> on 2020/11/21 02:00:14 UTC

Apache Pinot Daily Email Digest (2020-11-20)

### _#general_

 **@saisankar85:** @saisankar85 has joined the channel
 **@ken:** I was hoping to use the BaseClusterIntegrationTest class in my test
code, so I could run a local integration test against data a workflow is
generating. But the pinot-integration-tests jar (0.6.0, at least) doesn’t
contain this class, or actually any code…just the META-INF directory. Is that
intentional?
**@fx19880617:** I think this class is inside the test directory, so it's not
packaged into the main jar, we may need to publish a test jar(which is not yet
done) for that so it can be correctly imported .
**@ken:** Ok - curious what’s the point of the main pinot-integration-tests
jar (it only has META-INF, no code)
**@ken:** Also is there documentation on what these tests assume is running?
E.g. seems like ZK has to be up, same for controller and broker and server?
**@fx19880617:** I think it’s just been published automatically with the maven
release process
**@ken:** Actually ZK doesn’t have to be up, the problem was that my project
includes dependencies on Hadoop, which pulls in a slightly newer version of
ZK, and that created a method signature incompatibility.
**@fx19880617:** you mean zk server lib? can we exclude zk dependency from
pinot and use the newer version?
 **@kevin:** @kevin has joined the channel

###  _#random_

 **@saisankar85:** @saisankar85 has joined the channel
 **@kevin:** @kevin has joined the channel

###  _#troubleshooting_

 **@elon.azoulay:** Trying to delete a broker instance that is no longer
there, getting ``` "error": "Failed to drop instance Broker_pinot-
broker-3.pinot-broker-headless.pinot.svc.cluster.local_8099 - Instance
Broker_pinot-broker-3.pinot-broker-headless.pinot.svc.cluster.local_8099
exists in ideal state for brokerResource"```
**@elon.azoulay:** I untagged the instance
**@elon.azoulay:** disabled it in the swagger ui
**@elon.azoulay:** But I see that it exists in brokerResource, should I
manually edit that in zkcli and remove it?
**@elon.azoulay:** From IDEALSTATES/brokerResource?
**@npawar:** There's a broker rebalance
**@npawar:** check the rebuild broker resource section:
**@elon.azoulay:** Thanks!

###  _#pinot-dev_

 **@ken:** @ken has joined the channel
 **@ken:** I’m trying to get the BaseClusterIntegrationTest code working
inside one of my projects. I’ve solved a few issues, but am now running into
the FunctionRegistry’s static{} init code trying to treat
org/apache/pinot/core/operator/transform/function/zone-index.properties file
as a class file, which obviously fails. No idea why this doesn’t cause
problems normally, but seems like the `filterInputsBy()` filter should be set
up to only include class files, so this .properties file isn’t picked up.
Thoughts?
**@jackie.jxt:** Yes, the reflection should only pick up the class files. Can
you please try replacing the filter string to
`".*\\\\.function\\\\..*\\\\.class"` if see if the problem is fixed? If so,
can you also file a PR to fix it?

###  _#announcements_

 **@treff7es:** @treff7es has joined the channel

###  _#release060_