Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Anas Sherwani <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/06 11:15:04 UTC

Spark-CSV: Multiple delimiters and Null fields support

Hi all,

Apparently, we can only specify character delimiter for tokenizing data
using Spark-CSV. But what if we have a log file with multiple delimiters or
even a multi-character delimiter? e.g. (field1,field2:field3) with
delimiters [,:] and (field1::field2::field3) with a single multi-character
delimiter [::].

Further, is there a way to specify null fields? e.g. if the data contains
"\n" in any field, a null should be stored against that field in DataFrame.