Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Bruno Santos <bi...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/03 00:36:40 UTC

OnEvent mixin + sending component values

Hi all,

First of all, i'm sorry if this as been asked befored, i googled it,
checked javadocs, guides, and some source code but i'm afraid i
couldn't find the answer.

I'm trying to load a select with the chenille kit onevent mixin, the
thing is, the value from the component from wich the event gets fired
is sent, but i need, besides that, values from others components in
the form.

A little example:

<select t:type="Select" t:id="entity1"
					t:value="event.entity1" model="entity1Model" encoder="entity1Encoder"/>

<select t:type="Select" t:id="entity2"
					t:value="event.entity2" model="entity2Model" encoder="entity2Encoder"
					t:mixins="ck/OnEvent" t:event="change"
t:onCompleteCallback="handleSelectAjaxRequest"/>

<select t:type="Select" t:id="entity3"
					t:value="event.entity3" model="entity2Model" encoder="entity2Encoder"/>

when entity2 "changes" i need to be able to send entity1 value so i
can determine what the values for entity3 select are.

I though of something (don't know if i'm saying something really
stupid) like using t:context in entity2 and send the value of
entity1... i don't know how to do this, or how to access the context
on the server side. Been banging my head for the past 3/4 nights and i
could use some help on this.

Thanks very much.

Re: OnEvent mixin + sending component values

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Em Wed, 02 Sep 2009 19:36:40 -0300, Bruno Santos <bi...@gmail.com>
escreveu:

> Hi all,

Hi!

> First of all, i'm sorry if this as been asked befored, i googled it,
> checked javadocs, guides, and some source code but i'm afraid i
> couldn't find the answer.

Try the Nabble archive of this mailing list:
http://www.nabble.com/Tapestry-f302.html. Don't forget to sort by date.
Take a look at this thread:
http://www.nabble.com/ck-OnEvent-with-Context-to24938917s302.html#a24938917

--