Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by florent andré <fl...@4sengines.com> on 2010/09/23 10:40:32 UTC

2.1.0 : put editors in a specific modules-editors folder ?

In fact (as I just discover the "editors world !:) ) we have many
editors and it's hard to manage witch editor we have, we want or not...

What do you think about create a modules-editors folder in order to gain
visibility of theses editors and easiest the way to add or remove one ?

The others point is for the module editors (src/modules/editors).

It's represent the core api for all editors, right ?

The "problem" is that he implements "one form" and "forms" editors.

If we put theses two editors in separate modules,
Can we put (light) "editors" module in modules-core ?

++

Re: 2.1.0 : put editors in a specific modules-editors folder ?

Posted by Rainer Schöpf <ra...@gmx.net>.
On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 at 10:40 +0200, florent andré wrote:

 > In fact (as I just discover the "editors world !:) ) we have many editors and
 > it's hard to manage witch editor we have, we want or not...
 >
 > What do you think about create a modules-editors folder in order to gain
 > visibility of theses editors and easiest the way to add or remove one ?
 >
 > The others point is for the module editors (src/modules/editors).
 >
 > It's represent the core api for all editors, right ?

Not entirely. For example, TinyMCE does not use the API in the editors module. I
believe it should, though.

 > The "problem" is that he implements "one form" and "forms" editors.
 >
 > If we put theses two editors in separate modules,
 > Can we put (light) "editors" module in modules-core ?

I'm not sure about that, I need to look at it.

  Rainer