Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Dave Lester <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/01 22:00:27 UTC

[DRAFT] Mesos community survey questions

Hi All,

With #MesosCon <http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/mesoscon> coming
up in August, and tremendous growth of adopters on our #PoweredByMesos
list<http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/powered-by-mesos/>(now
@ 30 companies!), I'd love to do a community survey to take the pulse
of the community. A summary version of all results would be made available
once the survey was completed.

I've drafted a survey that is 11 questions long, and will take a few
minutes to complete. Survey questions are pasted below. Matt Trifiro gave
some input on this idea a few months back, and I'd love to have more eyes
on it. Please respond to this thread with any suggestions, and if we have
consensus then I'll go ahead and #shipit.

Thanks,

Dave

____

1. What’s your name

2. What’s your affiliation (company or organization)

3. How long have you been using Mesos?

  not using it, just curious [if this is chosen, taken to last page of
survey]

  0-2 weeks

  2-8 weeks

  2-6 mo

  6+ mo

-- page break --

4. How many machines are you running in your Mesos cluster? (dropdown)

 1

 2-5

6-20

 21-100

 101+

 Cannot share this info

5. Which Mesos frameworks are you using? (radio buttons for each option,
‘no’, ‘intend to try out', 'trying it out', 'production')

[ ] Aurora

[ ] Cassandra

[ ] Chronos

[ ] Hadoop

[ ] Jenkins

[ ] JobServer

[ ] Marathon

[ ] Spark

[ ] Storm

[ ] Other

6. Where do you run Mesos?

[ ] Private

[ ] EC2

[ ] Rackspace

[ ] Other: ____

7. How likely are you to recommend Mesos to your friends and colleagues?

[scale, 1-10 (for determining net promoter score)]

---- page break ----

8. What features do you think are missing from Mesos?

9. Are you interested in contributing in any of the following ways:

__ documentation

__ organizing local meetups

__ sponsoring a Mesos-related event

__ patches to the core

__ building and open sourcing custom frameworks for Mesos

10. Email address

11. Is your company listed on our #PoweredByMesos page? If not, can we list
you?

[ ] Yes, we’re on the list!

[ ] No, please add us

[ ] No, but please refrain for adding us at this time

Re: [DRAFT] Mesos community survey questions

Posted by Dave Lester <da...@gmail.com>.
Great point. I've made sure to include "Other / Custom Framework" in the
framework question.

Posted by Dave Lester <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tom Arnfeld <to...@duedil.com>.

Posted by Tom Arnfeld <to...@duedil.com>.