Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@ibiblio.org> on 2023/02/26 13:43:20 UTC

org.apache.maven:plexus-utils split packages

Browsing through the code I stumbled across the
org.apache.maven:plexus-utils artifact. If I'm following this it
contains classes like org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.Xpp3Dom which is
already available in Plexus jars. This is likely to cause split
package problems in JDK 9+.

Am I misreading this? is this shaded somewhere in a way that will
avoid causing split package problems?

https://jlbp.dev/JLBP-19

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@ibiblio.org

Re: org.apache.maven:plexus-utils split packages

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
See my comment on
https://github.com/apache/maven/pull/1016#pullrequestreview-1314692550

Le dim. 26 févr. 2023 à 14:44, Elliotte Rusty Harold <el...@ibiblio.org> a
écrit :

> Browsing through the code I stumbled across the
> org.apache.maven:plexus-utils artifact. If I'm following this it
> contains classes like org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.Xpp3Dom which is
> already available in Plexus jars. This is likely to cause split
> package problems in JDK 9+.
>
> Am I misreading this? is this shaded somewhere in a way that will
> avoid causing split package problems?
>
> https://jlbp.dev/JLBP-19
>

> --
> Elliotte Rusty Harold