Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Romain ROUVOY <ro...@lifl.fr> on 2003/04/03 14:58:36 UTC

Jar filesetmanifest option

Hi Ant community,

	I'm currently trying to use the <jar> task for merging a set of
JAR files.
      This task works quite well but under Windows OS, a warning message
is provided and it tells me to change the value of the filesetmanifest
to something else than "skip".
      In order to merge manifest files of source archives, I try to put
this value to "merge" but I get a message "The <jar> task doesn't
support the filesetmanifest attribute" ...
      I agree that the Ant manual about <jar> task doesn't provide any
filesetmanifest attribute. So I want to know how to do for merging
manifest files and to avoid the related warning message.

Best Regards,
Romain Rouvoy

Re: Jar filesetmanifest option

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Romain ROUVOY <ro...@lifl.fr> wrote:

> 	a warning message is provided and it tells me to change the
> 	value of the filesetmanifest to something else than "skip".

The filesetmanifest attribute existed in a beta version of 1.5 but was
pulled before the final release.  We forgot to remove the message as
well (I think it is no longer present in 1.5.1, I'm sure that it is
not in 1.5.2 or 1.5.3).

Ant 1.6 is going to have this option again.

> 	So I want to know how to do for merging manifest files and to
> 	avoid the related warning message.

merging manifests doesn't seem to be possible in 1.5.x - avoid the
message by upgrading or not having multiple manifests.  No nice
advice I know, sorry.

Stefan