Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rainer Bielefeld <ra...@bielefeldundbuss.de> on 2014/02/17 19:34:07 UTC

Wikis down

Hi all,

Wikis have been down for 2 days or so,
<http://monitoring.apache.org/status/>
shows critical for half the infrastructure, but latest news on Twitter
is  "Feb 11: Great news for @theASF projects using GitHub!"

Sometimes miracles take a little longer, but (if no quick solution is
foreseeable) shouldn't there be some info for the users of the
infrastructure? And for the AOO users despairing of tons of not working
Wiki-Links on <https://www.openoffice.org/>, especially documentation? I
think the http://www.openoffice.org/ header ("Apache OpenOffice
The Free and Open Productivity Suite") should get a short hint like "Our
Wikis are temporarily down, please excuse us for inconvenience".

CU

Rainer

Re: Wikis down

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On 17 February 2014 22:59, Marcus (OOo) <ma...@wtnet.de> wrote:

> Am 02/17/2014 09:08 PM, schrieb jan i:
>
>> Actually we are back online !
>>
>> We dont depend so much on miracles, but with only 4 staff to take care
>> 150+
>> vm, things take time.
>>
>> Infra only updates the status page, and leaves it to projects to inform
>> users, on top of that I posted a note on our ML.
>>

> Thanks a lot for your effort. I've removed the webpage hint.

Thanks sent on to infra-root, I did not do much on this ocasion.

rgds
jan I.

Re: Wikis down

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: Wikis down

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Re: Wikis down

Posted by "Marcus (OOo)" <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Re: Wikis down

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
Actually we are back online !

Re: Wikis down

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
Actually we are back online !

Re: Wikis down

Posted by Rainer Bielefeld <ra...@bielefeldundbuss.de>.
> As a fast solution, I've updated the "contact_us"

Hi,

thank you, I should have asked yesterday, it always works that few
minutes after such a measure the problem will be solved ;-)

Indeed, wiki.openoffice.org is back again.

But cwiki still seems to have problems?

Best regards

Rainer

Re: Wikis down