Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Jim Moore <ji...@veritas.com> on 2002/06/03 21:03:36 UTC

RE: TRACE level

"In order to make this work I need a logger class as well right?"
In Log4j pre-1.2 the answer was yes, but not anymore.  However, in your
properties, you have to specify the class.

For example, in your log4j.properties file:
  log4j.logger.HolderLogger=trace#com.mycompany.TraceablePriority

And in your code you do
  if (LOGGER.isEnabledFor(TraceablePriority.TRACE))
    LOGGER.log(TraceablePriority.TRACE, "My message");