Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Jason Venner <ja...@attributor.com> on 2008/05/14 17:07:00 UTC

newbie question about interacting with hadoop sequence files, in particular sequence files with POJO's serialized in them

We have just started looking at Pig, and at a first search don't see how
to handle loading/storing data to hadoop sequence files.
In addition many of our datasets have a local object as the value.

I will make the assumption that we have to write a custom function if we
want to reach into our objects, but if I just want to pass them forward
as a blob, through the join, is that possible?

--
Jason Venner
Attributor - Program the Web <http://www.attributor.com/>