Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Iain Downie <ia...@bto.org> on 2002/06/05 15:53:14 UTC

Installation on Linux

Want to upgrade from Tomcat 3.3 to 4.0 (been told it is easier to administer
etc. etc. and has the manager web application) on a Linux (redhat7.2)
server, working as a add-on to Apache. Bit confused by the download.

I will be getting 'jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3.tar.gz' at
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.3/bin/. No
problems there.

However, do I need any additional Linux extensions? When I click into
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.3/bin/linux
/i386, I see a warning file saying Only for Apache 1.3.

Can someone confirm that this is indeed the case, or should I also get the
mod_jk-01.so module too? Do I need the mod_webapp.so?

Regards, any help much appreciated
Iain

Re: Installation on Linux

Posted by anette mysel <ca...@cox.net>.
PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM YOUR MAILING LIST. I DO NOT KNOW WHO YOU ARE. THANK
YOU...

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Installation on Linux