Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Faucher, Christian" <Ch...@axa-canada.com> on 2004/12/16 15:13:28 UTC

wsdl2java does not understand the 'soapAction' attribute in /definitions/portType/operation

Greetings,

I am trying to generate Java stubs from WSDL (see attached WSDL).  I get
the following error from wsdl2java (see below), running Axis 1.2 RC2.
My WSDL is generated from XAware product, and seems to work, at least
from what WSDL test tools from XAware tell me.

Any idea?

Christian Faucher

WSDLException (at /definitions/portType/operation):
faultCode=INVALID_WSDL: Enco
untered illegal extension attribute 'soapAction'. Extension attributes
must be in a namespace other than WSDL's.:
        at
com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseExtensibilityAttributes(Unknown
Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseOperation(Unknown
Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parsePortType(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseDefinitions(Unknown
Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.jav
a:504)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.populate(SymbolTable.jav
a:483)
        at
org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen.Parser$WSDLRunnable.run(Parser.java:356)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

_______________________________
Christian Faucher
Développeur Java/J2EE
AXA Canada
christian.faucher@axa-canada.com
<ma...@axa-canada.com>
(514) 282-6817 ext. 2943
  _____

"Ce message est confidentiel, à l'usage exclusif du destinataire
ci-dessus et son contenu ne représente en aucun cas un engagement de la
part de AXA, sauf en cas de stipulation expresse et par écrit de la part
de AXA. Toute publication, utilisation ou diffusion, même partielle,
doit être autorisée préalablement. Si vous n'êtes pas destinataire de ce
message, merci d'en avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur."

"This e-mail message is confidential, for the exclusive use of the
addressee and its contents shall not constitute a commitment by AXA,
except as otherwise specifically provided in writing by AXA. Any
unauthorized disclosure, use or dissemination, either whole or partial,
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of the message,
please notify the sender immediately."

Re: wsdl2java does not understand the 'soapAction' attribute in /definitions/portType/operation

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
There's no need to do this.

In an rpc/encoded WSDL, the message part must reference a type, not an
element. It's perfectly legal to reference an xsd type. So the
original WSDL description is fine:

   <message name="HelloWorld.Execute">
       <part name="nameParam" type="xsd:string">
           <documentation xa:default="" xa:description="" />
       </part>
   </message>

The error was caused by the erroneously placed soapAction attribute.

Anne

Posted by TMG <tm...@nc.rr.com>.
Christian,

Posted by TMG <tm...@nc.rr.com>.
Sorry,

Posted by TMG <tm...@nc.rr.com>.
Christian,

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Christian,

There is a problem with your WSDL. You have a soapAction attribute
specified on the wsdl:portType/wsdl:operation element, which is not
permitted:

<portType name="HelloWorldSoapPort">
        <operation name="Execute"
soapAction="http://localhost:8090/action/HelloWorld.Execute"
parameterOrder="nameParam">
            <input message="wsdlns:HelloWorld.Execute" />
            <output message="wsdlns:HelloWorld.ExecuteResponse" />

The soapAction attribute belongs in the
wsdl:binding/soap:binding/soap:operation element.

Anne