Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au> on 2002/10/29 22:08:10 UTC

JSR 105

Peoples,

Does anyone know where this is?  It's about the only piece I have seen that
is looking at a defined API for XML signatures?

Cheers,
    Berin

Re: JSR 105

Posted by Erwin van der Koogh <er...@sun.com>.
> Does anyone know where this is?  It's about the only piece I have seen
that
> is looking at a defined API for XML signatures?

It's at the JCP (Java Community Process, jcp.org) and it's in so-called
expert group revision.

It's a co-speclead from Sun and IBM and there are numerous vendors on the
expert group. Christian is actually on the expert group as a member. I am on
the team that's working on it, but at this time it's impossible to tell what
the timeline is going to be.

The expert group is working hard to getting out a release as a community
draft as soon as possible. A community draft is for all members of the JCP.
That has to be a minumum of 1 months, after which it will go public for at
least another month. Then it will be a final.

I'd say it's going to be at least another 2-3 months before there's any
public draft available.

Erwin

Re: JSR 105

Posted by Christian Geuer-Pollmann <ge...@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>.

--On Mittwoch, 30. Oktober 2002 08:08 +1100 Berin Lautenbach
<be...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> Does anyone know where this is?  It's about the only piece I have seen
> that is looking at a defined API for XML signatures?

It's not yet in public review. At the moment, each java impl vendor has
it's own API, so there are many of them ;-)

Christian