Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Cristiano Costantini <cr...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/30 18:35:00 UTC

Best resources to understand how to make JPA work in ServiceMix

Hi All,

I'm trying to find out which is the best approach to use JPA inside
servicemix: we have decoupled access to data in a database of a legacy
application with an ad-hoc java interface and now we want to deploy it as a
bundle which expose the an OSGi service available for other bundle to get
this data.

So basically, we already have the working code (we use Eclipselink and
connect to an HSQLDB database) apart for the aspect of deploying it in
ServiceMix.

I've searched over the web but I'm confused because there are a lot of
resources but not all apply to my use case (for example, I don't need to
use camel).

So, here is my real  question :
considering my use case, should I search for info related to ServiceMix, to
Karaf or simply to OSGi?

Also, I don't know anything about Aries and OSGi Enterprise... should I
look into this direction?

Anyone has some good link to share with me about this topics?

thank you,

Cristiano

Re: Best resources to understand how to make JPA work in ServiceMix

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-JPA-and-EclipseLink-td4027571.html