Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by eone <eo...@pacific.net.sg> on 2002/11/17 23:26:12 UTC

[users@httpd] Cannot start Apache

Hi all

I have just downloade the binary version
httpd-2.0.40-i686-pc-linux-gnu-rh73.tar.gz
<http://nagoya.apache.org/dist/httpd/binaries/linux/httpd-2.0.40-i686-pc-linux-gnu-rh73.tar.gz>
 and proceed to install as per instruction. However, when I ran the
script "apachectl start", I got the following message:

httpd: error while loading shared libraries:  libaprutil.so.0:cannot
open share object file: No such file or directory

I am running Red Hat 7.3. I have unisntalled the previous version of
Apache that came with it.

Has anyone encountered this problem. Thanks.

Rgds, eone