Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "KARR, DAVID" <dk...@att.com> on 2016/10/17 16:30:49 UTC

Clarify why lazy-loaded component mapping files are properties files that aren't labeled as such

I haven't really used Camel yet, I'm just reading the manual to familiarize myself with it, as some projects I'll be working with use it.

I noticed that the way you define the lazy-loaded mappings for components uses properties files that aren't labeled as properties files.  For instance, to define the mapping for a component named "foo", you place a file named just "foo" in "META-INF/services/org/apache/camel/component", instead of "foo.properties".

I can deal with this, but it just seems odd.  Is there any background on why it was done this way?

Re: Clarify why lazy-loaded component mapping files are properties files that aren't labeled as such

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Sorry if you don't think it answered.

Let me try with other words

Its not a mapping file.
Its not for configuring components.
Its not for end users to use these files.

Its an implementation detail for Camel components that allow Camel to
discover components on the classpath.

The name of the file is the name of the component.

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 5:07 PM, KARR, DAVID <dk...@att.com> wrote:
> [...]

Claus Ibsen

Posted by "KARR, DAVID" <dk...@att.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.