Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Kevin Peterson <kp...@biz360.com> on 2009/03/05 18:48:42 UTC

Recommend JSON Library? net.sf.json has memory leak

We're using JSON serialization for all our data, but we can't seem to find a
good library. We just discovered that the root cause of out of memory errors
is a leak in the net.sf.json library. Can anyone out there recommend a java
json library that they have actually used successfully within Hadoop?

Re: Recommend JSON Library? net.sf.json has memory leak

Posted by Ken Weiner <ke...@gumgum.com>.
I had discovered a memory leak in net.sf.json as well.  I filed an issue and
it got fixed in the latest release:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=857928&aid=2063201&group_id=171425

Have you tried the latest version 2.2.3?

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Ian Swett wrote:
> We've used Jackson(http://jackson.codehaus.org/), which we've found to be easy to use and faster than any other option.

I also use Jackson and recommend it.

Doug

Re: Recommend JSON Library? net.sf.json has memory leak

Posted by Ian Swett <is...@yahoo.com>.
We've used Jackson(http://jackson.codehaus.org/), which we've found to be easy to use and faster than any other option.  We've also had problems with net.sf in terms of memory and performance.

You can see a performance comparison here: http://www.cowtowncoder.com/blog/archives/2009/02/entry_204.html

-Ian