Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by KA...@Primavera.com on 2003/03/14 17:56:10 UTC

Load Schemas using HTTPS as URI

Hi

Is it possible to use a https uri like "https://xyz/schema.xsd" to specify
the schemaLocation in a xml document.

I am using (Xerces 2.0.0 )  to parse the document.
Is there any setting in Xerces to make it understand https urls for
schemaLocation.

Thanks in Advance
Kishor

Re: Load Schemas using HTTPS as URI

Posted by Neeraj Bajaj <ne...@sun.com>.

KAtigre@Primavera.com wrote:

>Hi
>
>Is it possible to use a https uri like "https://xyz/schema.xsd" to specify
>the schemaLocation in a xml document.
>

>I am using (Xerces 2.0.0 )  to parse the document.
>Is there any setting in Xerces to make it understand https urls for
>schemaLocation.

This is interesting. I haven't tried this but I  believe if everything
is set like ( caroot imported /jre/lib/security/cacerts), you are done.
        Xerces will take care all. However,  If you are using proxy to
reach outside world you should set "proxyhost" and "proxyport" SYSTEM
Property accordingly.  When requirements are really complex like doing
both client & server side authentication, which can't be done merely
updaing the cacerts,  you need to write all the code that does this
fancy work.

Re: Load Schemas using HTTPS as URI

Posted by Joseph Kesselman <ke...@us.ibm.com>.
Write and plug in an Entity Resolver that knows how to talk the HTTPS
protocol and recognizes which URIs need to be accessed that way?