Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Julien Balmont <ju...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/01 11:50:22 UTC

Issue with Solr and copyFields

Hello,

I meet an issue with Solr and copyFields and other things probably. here's a
description of the issue. if anyone could help, it would be greatly
appreciated as I've searched everywhere an am not able to figure out what's
happening.

my Solr is configured as follow:
DIH request:
SELECT d.label, d.description,r.name, r.id, r.phone FROM tab_r r INNER JOIN
tab_d d ON d.rid = r.rid

schema.xml
<field name="label" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true"
required="true" />
<field name="description" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true"
required="true" />
<field name="name" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true"
required="true" />
<field name="id" type="int" indexed="true" stored="true" required="true" />
<field name="phone" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
required="true" />

If I leave everything as is, all is working fine.

BUT, if I add the following lines to the schema.xml
<field name="search" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="false" />
<copyField source="*" dest="search"/>

Then the import command gives:
<str name="Total Documents Failed">135860</str>

Is there anything i'm doing wrong?

Thanks!!!!

Re: Issue with Solr and copyFields

Posted by nerique <ju...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for coming back so many days after your answer, but what you said fixed
the problem.

MANY thanks for your help!!

Re: Issue with Solr and copyFields

Posted by "samuele.mattiuzzo" <sa...@gmail.com>.
you need to define the "search" field as MultiValued since you're copying
into it multiple sources

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FAQ#How_do_I_use_copyField_with_wildcards.3F