Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dmitry Beransky <dm...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/02 21:00:10 UTC

taglib plugin

Hi,

I'm trying to use the taglib plugin
(http://maven-taglib.sourceforge.net/m2/project-reports.html).  I've
followed the documentation for configuring the project with the
plugin, but now when I run mvn taglib:tagreference, I get

[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-taglib-plugin' does not exist
or no valid version could be found

my local repsitory cache for the plugin only contains a single file
maven-metadata-central.xml

Do I need to configure Maven to use some other repository?

Thanks
Dmitry

Re: taglib plugin

Posted by Evan Worley <ev...@gmail.com>.
Ahhhh, I should've thought of that, my apologies Dmitry.

I believe only plugins with the groupId "org.apache.maven.plugins", or
something like that, can be referenced by short name by default.  There is a
way to add something to your settings file such that you don't have the
fully qualify it, I can dig that up if you are interested.

-Evan

Re: taglib plugin

Re: taglib plugin

Posted by Evan Worley <ev...@gmail.com>.
Hmmmm.. I am sorry you are having these troubles.  Have you verified that
you can find the plugin in the repo in a web browser?  This would verify
that you aren't having any network issues.

A non-ideal workaround would be to download the artifacts manually, and
install them into your local repo using the install:install-file goal.

-Evan

Re: taglib plugin

Posted by Dmitry Beransky <dm...@gmail.com>.
I have.  It didn't seem to help.

Re: taglib plugin

Posted by Evan Worley <ev...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dmitry,

Re: taglib plugin

Posted by Dmitry Beransky <dm...@gmail.com>.

Re: taglib plugin

Posted by Evan Worley <ev...@gmail.com>.
You can alternatively try "maven -cpu install" to force a plugin update
check

Re: taglib plugin

Posted by Evan Worley <ev...@gmail.com>.
Dmitry,

Re: taglib plugin

Posted by Dmitry Beransky <dm...@gmail.com>.

Re: taglib plugin

Posted by Evan Worley <ev...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for your troubles Dmitry,

Can you attach your entire <repositories> and <pluginRepositories> entries
from your pom?

Thanks,
Evan

Re: taglib plugin

Posted by Dmitry Beransky <dm...@gmail.com>.

Re: taglib plugin

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

--
Wendy

Re: taglib plugin

Posted by Evan Worley <ev...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dmitry,

I found the latest version (2.3.1) in Maven.Central.
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/net/sourceforge/maven-taglib/maven-taglib-plugin/2.3.1/

Did you override the Maven.Central plugin repository?

-Evan